Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Can I Get a...?" Verse I: Jay-Z

Can you bounce wit’ me, bounce wit’ me, wit’ me wit’ me?


Might I interest you in jouncing in synchronization with me, with me, with me, with me?

Can I hit it in the mornin
Without givin you half of my dough?
And even worse: If I was broke, would you want me?
If I couldn’t get you finer things
Like all of them diamond rings bitches kill for
Would you still roll?

Might I be able to persuade you into sunrise intercourse

Without having to empty my coffers for the privilege?

And what’s worse: If I was penniless, would you still desire my member?

If I was unable to acquire for you exotic articles,

Such as the diamond rings petticoats murder each other to possess,

Would you still be my special compatriot?


If we couldn’t see the sun risin off the shore of Thailand
Would you ride then, if I wasn’t drivin?
If I wasn’t a eight-figure nigga by the name of Jigga
Would you come around me or would you clown me?

If we were unable to see the sun rising off a shore of Thailand,

Would you still be my sweetie-pie,

If I didn’t have the moneys available to fund such an excursion?

If I wasn’t a fellow named “Jigga” who earned tens of millions of dollars,

Would you still pay me visits or would you rebuke me?


If I couldn’t flow futuristic, would ya
Put your two lips on my wood and kiss it? Could ya
See yourself wit’ a nigga workin harder than 9:00 to 5:00?
Than 10:00 to 6:00, two jobs to survive? Or
Do you need a balla? So you can shop and tear the mall up?
Brag, tell your friends what I bought ya?
If you couldn’t see yourself wit’ a nigga when his dough is low
Baby girl, if this is so, yo!

If my verbal skills weren’t far ahead of their time, would you

Place your two lips on my penis and kiss it? Could you

See yourself with an African-American male

Employed more demandingly than the standard 40-hour, 9:00 a.m.-to-5:00 p.m. work week?

Or even a 10 a.m.-to-6:00 p.m. work week, or even more!:

Working for two separate employers to make ends meet, or

Do you require a very playboy? Simply so that you can strip the marketplace bare of its goods?

And then gloat to your ladyfriends about what I purchased for your fleeting contentment?

My point is this: If you are unable to picture yourself with an African-American male

Whose earning power is lacking—wee strumpet, if this is true, then please regard the following:

No comments:

Post a Comment