Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ice Cube “It Was a Good Day” Verse I

Just waking up in the morning, gotta thank God
I don’t know but today seems kinda odd
No barking from the dog, no smog
And momma cooked a breakfast with no hog
I had just awakened in the morning. I thanked the Eternal Spirit.
I do not know how to describe it, but today seems a trifle odd.
No canines are baying; there are no obvious atmospheric pollutants.
And my own mother prepared a repast without hog-meat
(Being recently converted to Islam, I appreciated this thoroughly).
I got my grub on, but didn’t pig out
Finally got a call from a girl I wanna dig out
Hooked it up for later as I hit the door
Thinking, “Will I live another 24?”
I ate well, though I didn’t overindulge.
I finally received a telephone call from a lassie I wanted to penetrate vaginally.
I secured an appointment with her as I exited my household.
I thought, “Will I live through another day?”
(Hopefully so, in order to intercourse said lassie!)
I gotta go ’cause I got me a drop-top
And if I hit the switch, I can make the ass drop
Had to stop at a red light
Looking in my mirror and not a jacker in sight
Now I must leave to flaunt my convertible lowrider.
If I turn on the automobile’s hydraulic system, its bottom lowers.
I was obliged to stop at a red traffic stoplight.
I scanned my rearview mirror for potential car thieves; there were none.
And everything is alright
I got a beep from Kim and she can fuck all night
Called up the homies and I’m askin y’all,
“Which park are y’all playin basketball?”
And everything is all right.
I got a page on my simple personal telecommunications device:
It was from the lady Kim, who is able to copulate throughout the night.
I telephoned several of my compatriots and I asked,
“Which park are you all playing basketball?”
Get me on the court and I’m trouble
Last week fucked around and got a triple double
Freaking niggas every way like M.J.
I can’t believe today was a good day
If I play basketball, I am a force to be reckoned with.
Just last week I scored double-digit points in three major statistical categories,
And I was playing lackadaisically!
Outmaneuvering African-American males 
Like basketball legend Michael Jeffery Jordan.
I cannot believe today was such a capital day!

No comments:

Post a Comment