Saturday, February 19, 2011

“It Was a Good Day” Verse II

Drove to the pad and hit the showers
Didn’t even get no static from the cowards
’Cause just yesterday them fools tried to blast me
Saw the police and they rolled right past me
I returned home and cleansed my body.
I didn’t hear any criticisms from cowardly naysayers today,
Though yesterday they were certainly flapping their gums.
Also thankfully, I received no hassle from the policemen.
No flexin, didn’t even look in a nigga’s direction
As I ran the intersection
Went to Short Dog’s house, they was watchin Yo! MTV Raps
What’s the haps on the craps?
The policemen did not try to intimidate me with force, or even look my way
As I wantonly disobeyed the traffic signage and cruised through an intersection.
I drove to Todd Anthony “Too $hort” Shaw’s house;
He and his fellows were watching the music video program Yo! MTV Raps
I asked whether they would like to play the dice game craps.

Shake ’em up, shake ’em up, shake ’em up, shake ’em
Roll ’em in a circle of niggas and watch me break ’em
With the seven, seven-eleven, seven-eleven
Seven even, back door Lil Joe
I shook them, I shook them, I shook them, I shook them!
I rolled them in a circle of African-American males, who watched me break even.
I rolled consecutive sevens and elevens, the ideal rolls in craps,
And broken even with a seven, then threw the dice backwards to hit a four.
I picked up the cash flow
Then we played bones, and I’m yellin, “Domino!”
Plus nobody I know got killed in South Central L.A.
Today was a good day
I collected my winnings.
Then we played dominoes, and I won that as well.
Also today, no one I knew was murdered in South Central Los Angeles;
Therefore, today was a today day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment