Monday, November 15, 2010

“Rosa Parks” Verse I

(Antwan André “Big Boi” Patton)

Many a day has passed, the night has gone by
But still I find the time to put that bump off in your eye
Total chaos, for these playas, thought we was absent
We takin another route to represent the Dungeon Family
Many a day has passed, and now, this evening has ended,
But still I find the time to trounce you with my wordplay!
It’s absolute chaos for these opponents who thought my partner and I were absent.
We are instead appearing as if from thin air,
Representing our Atlanta-based musical collective the Dungeon Family.
Like Great Day, me and my nigga decide to take the back way
We stabbing every city then we headed to that bat cave
A-T-L, Georgia, what do we do for ya?
Bulldoggin hoes like them Georgetown Hoyas
My crew compares to Arthur “Art Kane” Kanofsky’s 1958 photograph
A Great Day in Harlem, featuring 127 jazz greats.
My partner and I decide to arrive via circuitous means.
We will dominate emcees from any city in the continental United States,
And then escape back into the safety of our cavelike domiciles.
We are from Atlanta, Georgia. What might be able to do for you today?
We are simultaneously taking whores’ virtues,
As if the whores in question were English bulldogs
Like the mascot of the Georgetown University “Hoyas.”
Boy, you sounding silly, think my Brougham ain’t sittin pretty
Doing doughnuts ’round you suckas like them circles around titties
Damn, we the committee, gon’ burn it down
But us gon’ bust you in the mouth with the chorus now
Son, you are mentally addled to think 
My Cadillac Brougham automobile is not shining luxuriously!
I am driving in circles around you gulls—circles resembling areolas!
Damnation! We are as the committee, and what we say is “law!”
We are going to set this place alight!
Finally, we will clobber you in the jaw with the chorus now:

No comments:

Post a Comment