Monday, February 8, 2010

T.I. “What You Know” Verse 2

Candy on the ’64, leather guts and fish bowl
50 on the pinky ring just to make my fist glow
Your bitches get low because I get dough
So what? I’m rich, ho. I still’ll pull a kick-do’
What you talking shit fo’? Aint gotta run and get folk
Got you a-yellin, I thought you’d pull out a gun and hit folk

Look upon the resplendent coloring of my classic 1964 Chevrolet Impala automobile
Whose interior is leathered and fogged with a haze of marijuana smoke.
Upon the ring of my smallest finger sits a 50-carat diamond
Put there merely to attract the attention of any who should see me.
Your strumpets dance lewdly because I am affluent,
But who does it concern? I remain affluent, harlot.
And I will kick the door of your automobile inward!
Why on earth do you continue to spread untruths?
You need not run to your kin for protection
—In the panic of your retreat, I imagined you’d accidentally shoot one of them!

But you’s a scary dude, believed by very few
Just keep it very cool or we will bury you
See, all that attitude’s unnecessary, dude
’Cause you never carry tools; not even square, he cubed
You got these people fooled, who see you on the tube
Whatever. Try the crew: they’ll see you on the news

However, to humor you, yes, you are a frightening fellow (who few believe the stories of!)
Please, refrain from harassing my friends and I or we shall assassinate you
For you see, all of your bravado is unnecessary, fancy Dan
You are never even armed!
Far from being a mere dullard, you are some new species of ultra-dolt!
You have done the disservice of deceiving those who have seen you on the television
It matters not! Act indecorously among my cohorts and the same innocents
You earlier deceived will then witness your televised obituary!

No comments:

Post a Comment